FaxCore fax server provides users with a collection of the newest and most inventive fax technology available today. Customers can choose from our A-LA-CART list of individual components to build a custom solution that fits their specific requirements or select from our extensive list of appliance-type product bundles.
The A-LA-CART is particularly suitable for organizations that may want to replace an existing fax server solution and already have fax boards or FoIP fax drivers already in place. These organizations can simply select the modules they need to migrate to a true 21st Century fax server application - FaxCore
For customers that prefer an appliance-type solution, FaxCore offers a range of products to fit almost any environment. These units consist of pre-assembled appliance options complete with remote installation and annual support and maintenance bundled into a single product bundle. The appliances support analog, digital or FoIP deployments, integration with VoIP PBXs and even include virtual appliance options.
Selected Component Choices
- Standard Server
- Enterprise Server
- Additional Port Licenses
- FaxCore MFP Connector
- Appliance PC
- Dialogic/Brooktrout Boards or Boardless Solutions
- FaxCore FoIP Drivers
- Media Gateways from multiple vendors
- Full Support Plus Upgrades and Updates
- FaxCore Remote Installation
FaxCore Mini Appliance
The FaxCore Mini Appliance is a ready-to-deploy appliance solution consisting of a compact (1U) rack-mountable PC bundled with the OS, fax board/ FaxCore FoIP drivers, the FaxCore Software preinstalled plus remote installation and the first year of maintenance and support. Plug and play fax was never easier! Click here for more information on our Mini-Appliance.
FaxCore VFS Appliance
Now, with the Virtual FaxCore Server Appliance you can run totally "out-of-the-box". The VFS Appliance packages are specifically intended for deployment in a Virtual Environment. Physical servers are not required yet FaxCore has retained all of the convenience of FaxCore appliances bundled with physical servers. Adding a FaxCore Media Gateway (FMG) will allow installation with non-T.38 compliant PBXs. The VFS models are e-delivered and installed remotely by FaxCore support engineers.
etherFAX & A Hybrid Alternative - NO Phone Line Required
etherFAX, a very unique fax service offering which, when integrated with an in-house FaxCore deployment, becomes the most innovative Fax-in-the-Cloud hybrid solution ever offered as a subscription service. etherFAX also meets many government mandated regulations and time-to-deployment can be within days. This is the ultimate solution for those organizations that want to focus on their core business and use a service provider to provide safe and secure faxing.
FaxCore is a true 21st Century fax server application with a mix of standard features unparalleled in the industry. Built on the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 the FaxCore high-performance engine is designed to deliver fax traffic over enterprise networks of any size. FaxCore lets you fax enable the entire organization locally or globally.
Total Fax Tracking
Modeled after the browser-based tracking systems used by top companies, FaxCore tracks incoming and outgoing faxes before, during and after transmission including confirmation, time of delivery, undeliverable notification, alternate fax numbers, transmission replay and much more.
FaxCore offers the most powerful document archiving available. Incoming faxes are immediately stored, indexed and can be retrieved with any web browser as JPEG, GIF, PDF or TIFF files.
Integration with Microsoft Applications
FaxCore is integrated with many Microsoft applications, such as Microsoft SQL Server, Exchange and SharePoint without cumbersome connectors. The product runs on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows server 2012 and is interoperable with Exchange 2010 UM for the latest in Unified Communications (UC) technology.
Microsoft CRM integration
Fax directly from MS CRM and log all fax communications into the history file for each Company or Customer record. Send and receive faxes from CRM as easily as emails.
Leveraging our .NET architecture and Web Service/SOA SDK, developers can easily fax-enable CRM, ERP, EMR and office productivity software with only a few lines of code.
Supports character encoding when parsing sender and recipient email address from mail server. This allows SMTP parser to convert double-byte characters from base64 string to original character encoding.
New Rendering Engine
The new rendering engine eliminates the requirement of having native applications including Microsoft Office and Adobe Reader installed on the FaxCore Server.
For Business Managers
Respond to faxes from customers or vendors in seconds, turning fax into a more effective medium of communication.
Greater Document Security
No more lost faxes. No more misplaced orders. FaxCore tracks every fax, incoming and outgoing, to its destination. You'll know what was sent, when, and who received it.
Total Document Access
FaxCore builds a comprehensive, searchable fax archive - giving you secure access to any fax, in any form, from your web browser.
For IT Professionals
Windows Server Support
FaxCore can be configured to use Microsoft Active Directory schema information, making it the perfect fax solution for companies operating in a Microsoft Windows environment.
Access to Archived Documents
With FaxCore's powerful software and database, you get years of online access to fax documents instantly. Any authorized user can pull up faxes from the archive using their web browser.
Powerful Admin Settings
No client-side software required. All users access FaxCore and fax documents with a standard Web browser.
Set up fax groups, authorized users, messaging lists and event notifications. Track all fax transmissions and know where the telecom money is being spent.
All FaxCore client interfaces are 100% pure HTML browser applications.
Key features include:
- Pure Web Client for users and administration functions allows access to the FaxCore Server from wherever you are.
- Zero Client Software eliminates the need for Client software distribution and installation.
- Client Print Driver - Additional Print Driver Design specifically for Broadcasting.
FaxCore provides both end users and administrators with robust 100% web based browser interfaces. This eliminates the need for the installation of any client software, and provides the ability for FaxCore users and administrators to access FaxCore from any computer anywhere in the world, without sacrificing ease of use and functionality they are accustomed to from traditional fat clients.
FaxCore interfaces are 100% pure HTML and DHTML, contain no Java or ActiveX controls, and work over standard HTTP and HTTPS (SSL) protocols, effectively eliminating any security concerns associated with browser based applications.
FaxCore web interfaces are available for the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
The FaxCore Server is architected with the same web-server-farm design that popular on-line retailers use to provide scalable and fault tolerant high volume Internet based services. This allows FaxCore to provide near linear n-tier scalability and complete fault tolerance, without the need for complicated clustering software or network configurations that are often required from traditional client-server based fax software.
Key features of the FaxCore Server architecture include:
- N-tier scalability: FaxCore's web architecture provides the scalability and fault tolerance demanded by organizations today through open and proven web-server-farm architectures. New FaxCore Servers can be added and removed to an organizations global network on the fly without needing to shut-down the system.
- Open MS SQL Database: FaxCore Standard ships with a SQL Express and FaxCore's Enterprise Server includes a MS SQL server. FaxCore can also run as an instance on existing corporate MS SQL servers.
- Intelligent Server Discovery and Monitoring: All FaxCore servers, services, and related Fax Boards register with the central FaxCore Database each time they start-up, without the need to pre-define the server through administration screens. Once a server registers, in can be monitored and administered through the FaxCore administration web pages.
- Powerful Document Server: FaxCore includes a lightweight document server that gives you precise control on where documents are stored on your servers. Inbound and outbound faxes can be automatically partitioned by FaxCore the way you want them on your drives, allowing simple archiving and intelligent file naming.
- Microsoft .NET: FaxCore is built natively using Microsoft .NET technologies and provides powerful SDKs for both native .NET development, and XML based web service interfaces.
Minimum Recommended Requirements
- Windows Server 2008, R2 or Server 2012
- CPU: Pentium 4 (2.0ghz or higher)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM (Minimum)
- Disk Space: 20 GB available disk space
- (Additional disk space will be required for storage of fax messages)
The Faxcore Server is comprised of a set of Windows Services that work together to process messages in Faxcore. The primary services are:
- FaxCore FaxAgent: Communicates directly with intelligent fax cards, FaxCore FoIP Drivers to send and receive faxes and secondary driver instance for fail-over/overflow configuration with etherFAX.
- FaxCore Renderer: Provides high performance server side rendering of common desktop document formats including Microsoft Office, HTML, PDF, etc. Total overall in excess of 200 formats.
- FaxCore Database: A MS SQL or SQL Express Database engine that stores both the FaxCore repository (domains, users, configuration settings, etc), as well as the transactional data of messages sent and received through FaxCore.
- FaxCore Website: Microsoft IIS web application providing end user and administrator interfaces via a web browser.
Faxcore allows partitioning of these services across any/all servers in the Faxcore network - providing an unlimited number of configurations to meet the specific fault tolerance and scalability requirements of each customer's unique usage profile. For example, customers using primarily server side rendering of user documents can separate the Faxcore Rendering service onto its own set of servers in order to remove some of the load from their Faxcore servers that are sending/receiving faxes through the FaxAgent service.
FaxCore Administration and Monitoring
Faxcore provides central administration and monitoring of all servers, services, and application queues through intelligent web browser interfaces. Administrators can see exactly what is happening in the system and exactly what messages are currently being processed.
Intelligent Fax Boards, FoIP Drivers
FaxCore supports intelligent fax boards, T.38 FoIP drivers, media gateways, analog telephone adapters (ATA) and other fax or telephony related products from leading manufacturers. The particular product or combination of products FaxCore recommends will depend on the customer environment. For example, customers wanting to integrated their VoIP PBXs from companies like Cisco, Avaya or ShoreTel would be required to use fax products, like FaxCore, approved by those vendors. Be assured that all products recommended by FaxCore are from the industry's leading vendors.
The product selection offers both TDM and IP-based fax capabilities for network-based fax applications and integration with document management and business process automation systems. As companies are migrating to VoIP networks, the versatile FaxCore product selection provides an easy migration path from traditional TDM-based fax systems to hybrid and all-IP fax systems.
For customers that prefer an appliance-type solution, FaxCore offers a range of products to fit almost any environment. These units consist of pre-assembled appliance options complete with remote installation and annual support and maintenance bundled into a single product bundle.